Vion is an international meat producer with production locations in the Netherlands and Germany and sales support offices in thirteen countries worldwide. Our three divisions: Pork, Beef and Food Service, provide fresh pork and beef, and by-products for retail, foodservice and the meat processing industry. We supply customers in our home markets of the Netherlands and Germany, as well as in other countries all over the world. Our headquarters is located in Boxtel, the Netherlands.
Vion offers a challenging and inspiring working environment in which innovation is an important driver and the recent IT activities reflect this focus on innovation. Examples are the renewal of the Master Data Management System (MDM), updating of the BI environment, start of the ERP renewal program, implementation of an API Management system and the startup of Blockchain and cloud initiatives. The workplace has recently been updated with new devices, Windows 10, O365 and together with other departments the usage of Powerapps has started. Last but not least: we have updated Connectivity by the usage of SD-WAN and are currently busy with the replacement of the WIFI network (worldwide) by a cloud-based solution and renewal of the telecom solutions on all locations.
Vion IT is an informal, non-hierarchical organisation with direct user/customer contact. The team members are proud and motivated professionals, split over 5 departments: Service Delivery Management, Global Infrastructure Services, Global Business Solutions, CIO office and Project & Changes.
The IM&T (Information Management & Technology) departments responsibility is to keep all IT systems up to date to and by doing so, support all Vion processes. Besides maintenance is the department responsible for the development of technical & services roadmaps and the digital agenda for the Vion organisation, our customers, our partners and colleagues. IM&T consists out of circa 150 colleagues stationed in our offices in Boxtel, Hannover and Munchen and together we are responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of all Vion applications and infrastructure components.
The Global Infrastructure Services department is currently being reshaped into a “Demand-Supply Organisation” and is focusing on continuously improving and updating the technical environment. We’re in an exciting phase with lots of interesting challenges, changes and progress. To make sure we stay on top of our game:
We’re looking for a fulltime Teamlead Infrastructure in Boxtel.
What do you do as a Teamlead Infrastructure
Our department is split up in 3 areas, Connectivity/Datacenters/Workplaces and our team consist out of circa 10 members.
The Team Lead is responsible for continuous improvement of team performance and well-being of the team members (incl solution consultants/architects wo are driving the supply-demand towards our outsourcing partners) by focusing on human resource management, personal development, processes, policies and procedures. In this role you’re furthermore responsible for an optimal cooperation with other internal colleagues and external partners.
We’re looking for a people manager in heart and soul!!
- You facilitate the team to ensure the members are enabled to deliver as promised and support their development by creating POP’s, conducting midterm and yearly evaluation conversations, monitoring their performance and steer on agreed deliverables;
- You’re responsible for the planning and coordination of activities for the team, like: incidents, changes, preventive maintenance, service requests etc.
- Control, monitor and evaluate the contribution/performance of IT services.
- Initiate service improvement programs as and when necessary and embed them into the infrastructure department processes.
- Draft personnel planning on the midterm and at the tactical level and in line with the established strategic personnel planning.
- Ensure IT services to satisfaction and in accordance with SLAs and budgets.
- Validate incoming invoices for IT services.
- In this role you are together with the Service Level Manager responsible for managing the suppliers on a tactical level, you conduct SLA interviews and you monitor the performance of the suppliers in the daily operation.
What do we expect of you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field with 10+ years of experience in IT. 3+ years of leadership experience in a similar role with excellent references.
- Strong people management skills and ability to create, develop and manage a team
- Can-Do mentality and focus on operational excellence
- Highly organised and a problem solver with proven critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of technology infrastructure, system architecture, technology life cycle management, cloud, networking, storage, security practices, application and infrastructure monitoring, virtualization, database and data center technology, business continuity.
- You’ve got excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing) in both Dutch and English and preferably in German
- No 9 to 5 mentality, since our teams participate in 24/7 standby schedules
- The willingness to travel when required
What can you expect of us?
We offer a versatile role within a leading international food company where you get the space to get the best out of yourself.
If you would like more information about this position please contact Raoul Lustermans (firstname.lastname@example.org) or would like to respond immediately, please click on the 'apply' button below.
For this vacancy we consciously choose to contact potential candidates directly and we appreciate it if companies do not offer their services to us unasked.
Boseind 10, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)