Domain Architect Infrastructure
VION is an international producer of meat, meat products and plant-based alternatives with production locations in the Netherlands and Germany. VION has sales support offices in thirteen countries worldwide. Our four business units Pork, Beef, Food Service and Retail, provide fresh pork, beef, meat products, plant-based alternatives and by-products for retail, foodservice and the meat processing industry.
We supply customers in our home markets of the Netherlands and Germany, as well as in other countries all over the world. Our headquarters is located in Boxtel, the Netherlands.
VION offers a challenging and inspiring working environment in which innovation is an important driver and the recent IT activities reflect this focus on innovation. Examples are the renewal of the Master Data Management System (MDM), updating of the BI environment, start of the ERP renewal program, implementation of an API Management system and the start up of Blockchain and several cloud initiatives based on our Cloud Strategy.
The workplace has recently been updated with new devices, Windows 10, O365 and together with other departments the usage of PowerApps has started. Last but not least: we have updated Connectivity by the usage of SD-WAN and are currently busy with the replacement of the WIFI network (worldwide) by a cloud-based solution and renewal of the telecom solutions on all locations.
The IM&T (Information Management & Technology) departments responsibility is to keep all IT systems up to date to and by doing so, support all VION processes. Besides maintenance is the department responsible for the development of technical & services roadmaps and the digital agenda for the VION organisation, our customers, our partners and colleagues. IM&T consists out of circa 150 colleagues stationed in our offices in Boxtel, Hannover and München and together we are responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of all VION applications and Infrastructure components.
VION IM&T is an informal, non-hierarchical organisation with direct user/customer contact. The team members are proud and motivated professionals, split over 5 departments: Service Delivery Management, Global Infrastructure Services, Global Business Solutions, CIO office and Project & Changes.
The Global Infrastructure Services department is currently being reshaped into a “Demand-Supply Organisation” and is focusing on continuously improving and updating the technical environment. We’re in an exciting phase with lots of interesting challenges, changes and progress. To make sure we stay on top of our game:
We’re looking for a fulltime Domain Architect Infrastructure in Boxtel.
What do you do as a Domain Architect Infrastructure?
VION Food Group is continuously improving their Technology Infrastructure to support their business processes. As Infrastructure Architect you are in the lead for the future IT Infrastructure landscape. In this role you’ll be working closely together with several Solution Architects per Infrastructure domain, the Enterprise Architect, other Domain Architects (also in other departments), our suppliers and you’ll report directly to the Manager Global Infrastructure Services.
- Lead creation of "architecture direction"
- Promote use of pre-existing architectural building blocks
- Define architectural blue prints for new infrastructure domain requirements
- Look for new technologies and market trends to improve the target infrastructure architecture
- Drive simplification and cost reduction
- Drive development and adoption of enterprise components across locations
- Support effort estimations and business case creation for projects
- Support, direct, review and approve designs produced by the delivery teams
- Work closely with business and IT stakeholders and develop an intimate understanding of the VION Food businesses and how the several infrastructure components can add value to the business
- Ensure business and IT stakeholder sign-off on as-is and target infrastructure domain architecture
- Identify opportunities to improve the end-user experience for the VION employees
- Be available for the solution architect and sourcing partners and suppliers in troubleshooting incidents and problems and provide support in creating root cause analysis so impact for the business is decreased and avoided
What do we expect of you?
An architect should be able to think and act on an abstract level (guidelines and principles) and decide on detailed solutions provided by SME’s. In addition to studying computer science, a completed vocational training as a specialist or equivalent qualification by experience your professional priorities should lie in the following areas:
- Deep understanding of the domain specific solutions, technologies and systems such as Microsoft 365 (Skype for Business, Skype Enterprise Voice, Teams, Power automate, SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange), Windows 10, System Center Suite, Intune, (Azure) Active Directory, Windows Server, MSSQL server, Citrix, VMware, Veritas backup, SD Wan, Meraki, Azure, Virtual SAN solutions
- Awareness of relevant technologies in the wider industry, and their strengths and weaknesses
- 8+ year experience in corporate environments and at least 3+ years in a similar role
- Archimate or Togaf certification and experience are considered a bonus
- ITIL V3 Foundation and Prince2 Foundation certification are an advantage
- Able to engage with delivery and ops personnel on complex technical issues !!
- Strong written and spoken communication and presentation skills in English and German counts as a Bonus
- Ability to persuade and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to non IT-experts
- Focus on operational excellence and capable of initiating and delivering improvement projects.
- Can-Do mentality
- The willingness to make business trips to Germany
- Teamwork and good communication skills where presupposed with a well-developed and strong character.
What can you expect from us?
We offer a versatile role within a leading international food company where you get the space to get the best out of yourself.
Are you interested?
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, share your talents with us by sending your application letter and resume before may 1st via the ‘apply’ button below. If you would like more information about this position please contact Raoul Lustermans by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Boseind 10, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)