Solution Architect Connectivity
The job description of Solution Architect Connectivity
As a Solution Architect working for Vion, you're the technical lead for your Services: Connectivity. Internally this role is known as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and within this role you will be focusing on planning, managing and organizing the your services, projects and initiatives, which will be aligned with the requirements from internal clients (worldwide). You'll be working closely together with the Domain Architect and the SME's in other fields of expertise and the suppliers to ensure the Infrastructure department delivers the services the organization can rely upon.
Top 100 food company
Every day 100 million consumers worldwide eat a meal with a little bit of Vion. This quantity comes with a big responsibility. At Vion we work passionately every day on the global food challenge: feeding 9 billion people in 2050. How can you contribute to this?
The main responsibilities of the role can be described as follows:
- Formulating objectives on a strategic and operational level, keeping track of technological developments, initiating innovation & improvements and setting standards and priorities
- Contribute to the translation of business requirements into functional and technical requirements regarding the service
- Participate and manage project groups (including employees from suppliers) in accordance with uniform project guidelines
- Supervising, checking and evaluating work performed by external suppliers in accordance with guidelines and contract agreements with external parties
- Management and supervision of maintenance and updates to installations to guarantee quality and continuity
- The provision of data for the purpose of annual budgets and long-term financial provisions and monitoring of current budget
- Provide management information and reports to both the IT manager and internal customers
What do we expect from you?
- Deep understanding of the domain specific solutions, technologies and systems such as:
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of network related projects
- Broad domain knowledge of network environments in corporate environments (LAN/WAN/Wireless/Datacenters)
- Knowledge in network rollouts and datacenter operations
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Security (DMZ, firewalls, IPsec/VPN, IDS/IPS)
- Troubleshooting skills in complex network environments
- Familiar with administration of routers and switches (CISCO / HP)
- Familiar with administration of wireless solutions (Cisco Meraki)
- Knowledge on network security concepts
- Knowledge on cloud proxy technologies (zScaler)
- Knowledge on SD WAN Solutions (Silverpeak)
- Awareness of relevant technologies in the wider industry, and their strengths and weaknesses
- Able to engage with delivery and ops personnel on complex technical issues and take ownership
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to non IT-experts and to persuade and influence key stakeholders
- Can-Do mentality and focus on operational excellence
- Teamwork, good communication & organizational skills where presupposed with a well-developed and strong character
- 5+ years experience in corporate environments and at least 2+ years in similar role
- ITIL v3/4 Foundation certification
- Within IM&T, English is the communication language, so experience in this language is requested. Dutch is mandatory.
- Knowledge and experience of German (in word and writing) is considered a pre
- The willingness to make business trips to Germany
- The willingness to participate in standby shifts
What can you expect from us?
We offer a versatile role within a leading international food company where you get the space to get the best out of yourself.
Are you interested?
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, share your talents with us by sending your application letter and resume before may 1st via the ‘apply’ button below. If you would like more information about this position please contact Raoul Lustermans by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For this vacancy we consciously choose to contact potential candidates directly and we appreciate it if companies do not offer their services to us unasked.
Boseind 10, 5281 RM Boxtel (NB)